Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mustikkapuras

Blueberry yogurt pie, a Finnish recipe from Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant.Plump Jersey beauties.
A cookie-like dough, made by creaming 1/3 cup butter & 1/4 cup sugar; adding 1 egg, 1 cup flour, and half tps baking powder. (Hmm, shouldn't there be a little bit of salt in there? I put in a scant amount.) It's a wet dough, so flour your fingers to gently spread it out in a buttered and floured pie pan. Chill the dough in pan for at least as long as it takes to make the filling.

The filling, seen above in the lower left: mix 2 eggs, 3 tbs sugar, 1 cup plain yogurt, 3 tbs fresh lemon juice, 1 tps vanilla. I drained my yogurt a bit since I find that once the quart is open, it gets quite runny. I use a coffee filter to get rid of some of the extra liquid.
Recipe called for 2 cups berries, a pint, but I added three because the pan was big enough and, by gad, I like blueberries. Put them in the chilled dough, then pour on filling. Bake at 350 for "50-60 minutes" until crust is browned and custard set, yadda-yadda. Every oven being quirky, mine took 40 minutes.
Chill thoroughly and enjoy while singing Monty Python's Finland Song: "Finland, Finland, Finland, the country where I want to be/Pony-treking or camping/Or just watching TV."

No comments: