Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Not Strep

Some kind of alien virus took control of the corpus a week ago Sunday. It wasn’t strep, according to the lab, but it was a nasty little bastard, laying me lower than I’ve ever been. I’m still far from 100%, but at least I can swallow now. On penicillin VK. Lots of rest in the last two days. In bed for the turn of the year. Feel like a nap now.

I saw a common redpoll at the feeder. This is a northern species, blown down occasionally during the winter. A small finch with red cap (poll is ye olde for head) and pink-stained breast, it’s a very handsome bird. Also, one day, looking out the window, I saw a sharp-shined hawk perched on a branch on the ground. I’ve had a lot of trouble distinguishing these from Cooper’s, so this view was most helpful.

Happy New Year!

No comments: