Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Skeeter

First mosquito bite of the year. Woke up at 3:50 a.m., my right wrist enflamed. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out what it was. I got up and ran cold water over it, wondering if it was a spider bite, then on my way back to bed, felt a little bump. Ahh... Turned on the light, and there were two bites on the top and side of my wrist. In my experience, Cobble Hill mosquitoes are particularly vicious, mutating in the fumes of the BQE, with black tiger striping on the abdomen. I turned the lights on in the bedroom and grabbed the nearest magazine, but found nothing. Back to bed, covering everything but the mug and waiting for the high-pitched whine of re-newed attack. Instead, there was a loud, strange engine sound in the neighborhood. At 4 in the morning, it was chugging -- drilling for oil perhaps? All I needed was Stompy to start rearranging furniture.

No comments: