Monday, March 12, 2007

Masala Monday

I love maple syrup. I love maple-glazed carrots. No maple syrup in the house at the moment, so I thought I’d try it with Lyle’s Golden Syrup. Since the can’s open and all. Even with its smoky undertones, I thought the LGS might be too sweet, so I tossed in some garam masala; it’s not hot, but it's complex. The results were quite satisfying.

It warmed to the high 50s before becoming overcast late in the day. I saw a pair of lovely bare legs on the subway. Ah, spring, with its blooming crocuses and uncovered legs. Isn’t it delicious how the calves swoop up from the ankles? She was a dark haired lovely returning from some kind of appointment, with a security tag sticker still on her blazery-jacket. She was bopping to her iTunes. She made my day.

Losing that hour confuses you. It’s just after 9pm and doesn’t feel like it at all. (The time at the bottom of these posts is PST or Martian Standard.)

Some weeks ago, before starting this blog, I answered a Craigslist listing that I liked. A woman visiting town in March was looking for a dinner date. Completely random. Roll of the dice, purchase of a lottery ticket. We’ve been emailing off and on since, and have discovered lots of affinities. She’s cute. She’s in town next week, getting a fix of art and culcha. Maybe something else? Henceforth she will be known as “the Poet.”

No comments: