Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bird man in a beret

Sometimes I think if you just look up long enough, you’ll see them. Yesterday, I was doing some training at the northern end of Bed-Stuy; the space was double-booked, so we had to scramble to find a place for several dozen. While waiting for the office to come through, we were banished outdoors. I noticed a red-tailed hawk circle overhead. I pointed it out to a co-worker, and she wondered if it was good luck or bad luck. Not being an antique Greek, I don’t go for ornithomancy, so I couldn’t say.

Today, at the same place, I saw a kestrel boomerang across the street.

Now, if you’re having trouble identifying your birds, you may want to ask this guy if you should run across him. Not sure that's the typical uniform of the urban birder, but the bins (binoculars) are a dead giveaway.

4 comments:

Traci said...

I LOVE the painting and interview with the bird man.

knithound brooklyn said...

nice! really nice!

amarilla said...

It's a good look!

Matthew said...

Rather mystical....