Monday, October 6, 2008

I am

... drinking vanilla cream soda and rum and Grand Mariner and a dash of orange bitters. Candy, yes, but deeply satisfying during these End Times of the national election. Thirty more filthy days to go.

... reading Alvaro Mutis, The Adventures and Misadventures of Maqroll. From the inestimable New York Review Books Classics imprint, about which I have waxed in the past. Also deeply satisfying, although not at all sweet.

... seeing Paris Vu Par, the omnibus from Chabrol, Rohmer, Rouch, Godard and two other guys I’d never heard of. Very disappointing. My cinephilia was not satisfied. Loved the 1965 color of Paris, but the boys were tres sexist and you know, it just doesn't age well.

... hunting mosquitoes. One or more got inside this morning when I popped out into the Back Forty. Their last hurrah, I suppose. I was bit on the wrist, neck, and foot within minutes. This evening I got one, a low flyer, but it was bloodless, so there may be more about.

No comments: