Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hot enough to...

..fold paper. I found this technique in a book called Home Cheap Home, from the evidently defunct magazine Budge Living. They took the idea from a Santa Fe artist named Mary Bennett. Take a thin hardcover book; fold the upper corner of the first page down and tuck it into the center crease. Then fold the bottom corner of the nest page into the crease. Repeat until you’ve done all the pages. Hang with a 7in plate hanger. (Too hot to go get one of those today, so it’s propped up on the floor for the pics.) My bone paper folder was handy. I used my found copy of Farewell Miss Julie Logan, by J.M Barrie. A couple of pages were still uncut.

6 comments:

amarilla said...

That seems like the fidgety person's approach to summer reading, and I'm in complete admiration of it.

Matthew said...

Very calming, satisfying. I was worried the old paper would crack, but that rag paper of old is beautiful material.

YourFireAnt said...

I folded one of those blank books. I never know what to do with them anyway.

FA

Matthew said...

I think those fany sketch pads with the colored papers would work well, too.

amy merrick said...

Oh i loved seeing this. I worked for Budget Living and loved that book. So happy the tradition lives on!

Matthew said...

It always pays to scan your friends' and lovers' bookshelves. Pirate treasure is usually to be found.