Monday, August 6, 2007

No end in sight

I saw No End in Sight today and got really upset. Now, I've been working on the anger thing (for instance, Stompy Guitar Boy upstairs is nothing to me now), and I'm pretty mellow to begin with, but this... It’s a very powerful mainstream indictment by insiders of the mistakes made by Bush*, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, et al during and after the invasion. Mainstream, because it doesn't challenge the fundamental illegitimacy of the invasion itself.

I’ve come up with a new collective noun as a result of the film: a mass murder of errors. Seeing Rumsfeld’s death-head visage cracking wise to hoots of amusement from the lickspittle Pentagon media ghouls was especially infuriating. I've written more about the movie over in the political wing of my innernet.

*Let's not forget the 49 million assholes who voted for him.

No comments: